- 3⁄4 cup buckwheat flour*
- 3⁄4 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1¼ cups milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- Extra virgin olive oil spray
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons 100% maple syrup
- ½ cup fresh berries
- Beat the egg whites in a large, very clean bowl until stiff peaks form.
- In another large bowl, sift together the flours and baking powder. Tip in the bran separated by the sieve.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the milk and egg yolks and gently mix until just combined.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the mix. If making ahead, cover and refrigerate for up to 12 hours**.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and spray with olive oil.
- Use a measuring cup to pour ¼ cup of the mix for each pancake.
- The pancake is ready to flip when the top has bubbles forming and the underside is brown, about 1 minute.
- Cook on the other side until browned, about another minute.
- Serve 4 pancakes stacked on top of each other with Greek yoghurt, fresh berries and a drizzle of maple syrup.
*You can use an extra ¾ cup of wholemeal self-raising flour instead of the buckwheat flour if you prefer.
** This recipe can be made the night before to give you extra time in bed.