Grilled Peach and Duck Salad
Serves 2 as an entrée*
- Extra virgin olive oil spray
- 1 peach, stone removed and sliced
- 1 duck breast, skin on
- ½ cup green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Juice of ½ an orange
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt + pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Heat an oven-safe griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat and spray with olive oil.
- Grill the peaches for 2-3 minutes on each side until soft and lightly charred. Set aside.
- Score the duck skin in a crisscross pattern with a sharp knife.
- Place the breast skin side down in the pan (don’t add more oil) and cook for 3 minutes until the skin is golden.
- Turn and cook the other side for another minute.
- Transfer the pan to the oven for 8 minutes.
- While the duck cooks, steam the beans in a steamer basket over a ban of boiling water for 3 minutes then remove them and set aside.
- Remove the breast from the pan and rest the breast on a chopping board, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- While the duck rests, arrange the mixed leaves, green beans and peach on a serving platter.
- Slice the duck breast and arrange it on top of the salad. Top with the hazelnuts and drizzle with the orange juice and olive oil and lightly season with salt and pepper.
*To serve as a main, simply double this recipe and serve with some fresh toasted sourdough bread.