Lamb, Kumara and Chickpea Salad
Salads don’t have to be boring!
Our Lamb, Kumara and Chickpea Salad is quick and easy with a zesty twist!
Here’s how to make it,thanks to Australian Woman’s Weekly!
Prep & cook time 30 minutes. Serves 4.
- 2 medium kumara (orange sweet potato) (800g), chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 400g (12½ ounces) lamb backstraps (eye of loin)
- 400g (12½ ounces) canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
- 1 small red onion (100g), sliced thinly
- 150g (4½ ounces) baby spinach leaves
- 100g (3 ounces) fetta, crumbled
- lemon and cranberry vinaigrette
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Combine kumara and oil in a large roasting pan; season. Roast for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, season lamb; cook on a heated oiled grill plate (or barbecue or grill) over medium-high heat, for 4 minutes each side or until cooked as desired. Remove from heat; cover, rest 5 minutes. Slice lamb thinly.
- Make lemon and cranberry vinaigrette.
- Place kumara in a large bowl with lamb, chickpeas, onion, spinach and vinaigrette; toss gently to combine. Serve salad sprinkled with fetta.lemon and cranberry vinaigrette Place ingredients in a screw-top jar; shake well. Season to taste.
Tips: Transport salad and dressing separately, in airtight containers; dress salad just before serving. Substitute the lamb with some shredded leftover roast or barbecued chicken or some quartered hard-boiled eggs.
You’ll find all your fresh produce at Coles, Woolworths or Maddington Fresh!